Monday, February 12, 2007

IRA GLASS LIVE ON SHUFFLE FUNCTION


February 19th will no longer be known as President's Day in Shuffle Function Land, but as "OH MY GOD WE ARE TALKING TO IRA GLASS DAY!!!!" As some of you may have heard me mention, Shuffle Function would not be in existence if it were not for the man pictured above, Ira Glass. I have always loved stories - telling stories, hearing stories, making up stories, whatever - and nobody does stories better than This American Life. So about six years ago I thought I'd apply for an internship with the show. That was when I realized that I knew nothing at all about making radio, and it was my guess that admitting this would probably look really bad on my application. So I started hanging out at the best community radio station around, KMSU. To make a long story short, not long after this Tim and I began doing our own radio show on KMSU, Shuffle Function. Not to sound too over dramatic, and I can just hear Tim's eyes rolling back in his head as I type this, but working with radio has been the love of our lives, and so it is with great pleasure that I am happy to invite you all to listen in Monday, February 19th for our live interview with the man who initially inspired me, Ira Glass. We will be talking about his new TV show based on the radio show, This American Life (coming soon to Showtime), all things radio, and if we can, Gilmore Girls.
Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, and tell your family to tune in FEBRUARY 19th around 7:20 a.m. to 89.7 on their f.m. radio dial !!! And don't forget - you can always listen to KMSU over the onlines on the internets at www.kmsu.org
Shelley

No comments: