Saturday, March 17, 2007

THE NEXT DAY................

Hello Radio Heroes,

Well it is Saturday. I have slept for nearly twelve hours, and have a cup of coffee in my hand, and I am still shaking my head in happy disbelief. Thanks to all of you, renewing members, new members, local businesses, Team Sister (we couldn't do this without you Carrie and Cindy),Team Interns, Scooter Polanski, Gully, volunteers like Deb A-Go-Go and Hannah who stayed up until she collapsed on a couch outside the on air studio, and Carl at Tune Town, we simply crushed last years marathon total of $8,000. When all was said and done, when the phones stopped their ringing (now my favorite sound, if James Lipton were ever to ask), and the radio went silent, we found ourselves staring in awe at the grand total - $11, 045.

HOLY CRAP. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING.

Not once during the marathon did we ask for something and not hear your overwhelming positive response. Every hour of the marathon we had listeners pick up the phone and call. Think about that. Folks were calling at 1 am, and at 2 am, 3 am, and 4. You were with us every step of the way. And when we had matching grants available, and we needed your pledges in order to get them, you came through like gang busters. Not once did I find myself struggling to stay awake, and the only explaination for that is your phone calls. Soon after the marathon was over Tim and I collapsed into zombie-like stupors. In fact I think that if I heard a phone ring right now my heart would start beating crazily and I'd be rushing to find the phone, to get the pledge. Your calls meant the world to us, and to everyone involved in keeping community radio alive and kicking at 89.7 on your radio dial.

I have said it before and I will say it again, KMSU listeners are truly the best. Please pat yourselves on the back , take yourselves out for a special meal or buy yourself something frilly. You deserve it Radio Heroes.

We still have a week of the Spring Pledge drive left, and with the overwhelming success of the Shuffle Function 24 Hour Pledge Drive A-Go-Go we are well on the way to having the best Pledge Drive that I have ever been involved with at KMSU.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Shelley

No comments: