Thursday, March 01, 2007

THE PERFECT STORM

If you have tried to tune in, and only find static, then you know that KMSU is off the air. This time it isn't mechanical failure to blame, if there is an upside to all of this, but Mother Nature. The tower is enshrined in ice, and we were forced to shut the station down due to technical issues like deflection and such. When will we be back on the air? When the ice melts enough that it is safe to resume transmissions. Probably not by tomorrow, so Shuffle Function won't be your alarm clock in the morning.

I am not a deeply religious person, but moments like this I tend to chant little prayers or mantras. Right now I have the following coursing through my brain:

"Please don't let anything happen to the tower. I cannot deal with a life without radio."

Feel free to join me in saying this over and over, or if you like personalize your own little dittie. I think if we all chime in, the Radio Gods will take notice and protect our KMSU radio tower from this storm. Damn you Winter Storm Judy Swallow!!

When we learn more, believe me you will be the first to know. In the meantime please drive carefully if you must go out and about. It is really horrible out there and I suggest you just stay home and join me in saying our radio prayer all day. Or watch the Day After Tommorrow.

Shelley

No comments: