Saturday, April 05, 2008

T I M E

With the Shuffle Function 24 Hour Pledge Drive A-Go-Go now just days away, I would like time to stand still. Well, not completely still because that would be a really long work day, but slow down enough for us to catch up. As Tim said in the last post, we are nearly done. But there are a ton of little details that need to be wrapped up. I recently watched the film 'The Darjeeling Limited', by Wes Anderson. There are three things that you will always find in a Wes Anderson movie; details, killer soundtrack, and scenes shot in slow motion (technically I guess Owen Wilson and Kumar Pallana too). I think Wes Anderson could slow down time for me and allow me to catch up. There would probably be a Rolling Stones song playing in the background too.

If you see this Mr. Anderson - you know what to do.
This is what I'm talking about:

from 'Rushmore' (the best version I could find of this is in Italian. go figure)



from 'The Darjeeling Limited'


from 'The Life Aquatic'



from 'Royal Tennenbaums'



I couldn't find a clip from Bottle Rocket, but I bet you get the idea.

Come back tomorrow and get a sneak peek at the Swag that will be available for the Spring KMSU Pledge Drive (which starts on Wednesday). I think these may be the best batch of premiums we've offered yet!!

Shelley

No comments: