Monday, May 12, 2008

SHUFFLE FUNCTION IS ALMOST READY FOR SECOND GRADE (I THINK)

Hey Shufflefunctioneers,

Shy Boy Tim and I will be celebrating Shuffle Function's 7th Year Anniversary this June 5th at 6 p.m. I can't believe how time flies by on the radio..................it seems like just yesterday that I was saying my first word on the air, "ummmmmm". In the past we have used our anniversary show to highlight some of our favorite musicians - the bands or artists that motivated and influenced us over the years and were an inspiration for what we wanted (and want) Shuffle Function to be. This year is no different, as we will be celebrating the music of The Fleshtones and sharing our interview with Peter Zaremba.



This is one of the hardest working bands around, still hell bent on having fun and making their fans shake their money makers on the dance floor. They got their start in the late 70's in New York City and have been cutting albums and touring the world ever since. Anyone who grew up watching MTV, back in the day when they actually played music videos, may remember Peter Zaremba as the host of The Cutting Edge. This was a show that introduced me to many of the bands that I still love to this day. There is a new documentary on The Fleshtones being made, and the trailer pretty much sums up everything I could possibly say about this great band. You can watch it here: www.coldcutsproductions.com/fleshtones/trailer.html

So mark your calenders for June 5th at 6 p.m., grab your dancing shoes, and help us celebrate Shuffle Function's 7th Anniversary with the music of The Fleshtones and our interview with Peter Zaremba. I can't leave you without adding some more eye candy of this amazing band!!

This is perhaps as close as The Fleshtones have come to a hit, as introduced by some 8th grader for their school music video show!!



alright - I'll stop after this!!



Shelley

2 comments:

Joe said...

I look forward!

Joe Bonomo, author of SWEAT

SHUFFLE FUNCTION said...

Wow Mr. Bonomo -
Both my co-host Tim and I have read your book on The Fleshtones, and love(d) it!! I'm glad you will be able to catch it, Peter Zaremba is a blast to talk with.

thanks,

Shelley