Monday, May 05, 2008

THEY SAY YOUR MEMORY IS THE FIRST THING TO GO

I have the best excuse for being forgetful now - I am 40. On this morning's show I promised to enter last weeks playlist into the blog today, but I then promptly forgot to grab it before leaving. So I will try my best tomorrow.

While nosing around on the on-lines today I saw a headline stating that Tom Waits was going on tour. I immediately clicked on the dates to see if Minnesota was on the list, and sadly we are not. It is a tour of the Southwest this time out.

Waits announced the tour, and the inspiration for the "GLITTER AND DOOM" tour in a press conference this morning. It is just as odd and quirky as you'd hope, but watch for yourself below.




Someday he will come back to Minnesota, someday. Scarlett Johansson's Tom Waits cover album is due out soon. Having heard the first single, I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. I really don't want to pass judgement until I hear the full album, but Scarlett is not such a STRONG SINGER. There isn't a video for her cover of Wait's 'Falling Down' as of yet, but here is a clip of the song paired up with scenes from "Lost In Translation".



What do you think?

Shelley

No comments: