Tuesday, October 07, 2008

NAME FIVE MUSICIANS THAT SUM UP SHUFFLE FUNCTION

Gully gave us some homework last week that we couldn't possibly begin to answer so we promptly ignored it and hoped it would go away. But it hasn't .

We have to come up with five bands or musicians that summarize Shuffle Function. If you scroll down our playlists you can see the diversity in our tastes - this would be alot easier if we had to name 500 bands!! And we have to do it by tomorrow.

Help us out if you can, add your thoughts to the comment section below. Who would you pick? What bands have you come to associate with our radio show? Extra credit will be given for your answers in the form of good radio mojo.

Thanks!!

Shelley

3 comments:

Lauren said...

There are the five artists that will always mean Shufflefunction to me:
1. The Legendary Stardust Cowboy (what would Shufflefunction be without him?)
2. Deerhoof (because the first time I heard the band, it was on the morning show.)
3. Daniel Johnston (You two convinced me to watch the documentary.)
4.They Might Be Giants (another band I had not heard of before I started listening to the morning show.)

and I can't think of a fifth one, because there are so many that do sum up Shufflefunction. But those are the four that make me think Shufflefunction.

SHUFFLE FUNCTION said...

Thanks for the list, Lauren!

Tom said...

I'd probably add "5. Tom Waits" to your sum-up-Shuffle-Function list, even though personally I can't stand him.
("My name is Tom of Tom & Chantill fame, and I hate Tom Waits." *wow* I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders! Thanks, Shuffle Function!)