Saturday, February 07, 2009

I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR YOU GALS ..............TAST-EEE




This picture is included in the new 45 single, "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris", from Morrissey's upcoming album. I for one will be purchasing it, hugging it and squeezing it. In fact maybe I should buy two of them - one for fondling and one for framing.

TASTELESS JOKE REMOVED BY POPULAR DEMAND!

Shelley

THIS JUST IN:

Thanks to Carl at Tune Town I now have the coveted Morrissey 45 in my possession. It was proving difficult to fine unless I want to pay some import shipping costs, but I have it resting next to all of my Smiths and solo Morrissey LP's and my 12" Smiths singles from back in the day. I plan to play it for you during the vinyl portion of our upcoming Shuffle Function 24 hour Pledge Drive A-Go-Go. That is a long time to wait!! But I want to share the experience with all of you die hard Smiths fans. Tune in this Thursday night to Shuffle Function to find out the dates of the marathon!!

Shelley "I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside" Pierce

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh please, play us some music that matters and is of quality. I regard a smelt fish as not quality. My Gully hurts from my heart surges.

Lane Morbitol said...

"I AM GOING RIGHT OUT TO BUY MORRISSEY'S SEVEN INCH".

Is this something that fits the mission of KMSU? A statement that is as tasteless as the hosts.

Wouldn't it be cool if I could find out something of VALUE about M's new recording through your blog? What's next? A shot at his sexuality?

I guess that is why I won't cough up any dough for this second rate station.

GULLY, fix the ship, it's stinking up the airwaves.

Anonymous said...

I agree

Play some quality music and fill us in about it. Mondo obscure does what for whom?

SHUFFLE FUNCTION said...

Thanks for the opinions, folks. It is true that we play a lot of stuff that is off the beaten path, and we recognize that it is not for everybody. We also have quite a few listeners that appreciate our playlists, too.

You are absolutely right that the Morrissey joke is a cheap and tasteless one. It was far too easy, and I'm ashamed to take credit. I'll try harder next time.

Why would we go after Morrissey's sexuality? We wouldn't. We love Morrissey.

Shyboy

Mimi said...

"Music that matters"...hmmm, what a loaded statement. The Beatles? Check. The Rolling Stones? Check. THe Beach Boys? Check. Bob Dylan? Check. Tom Waits. U2. The Replacements. James Brown. Elvis Presley. Willie Nelson. David Bowie. Johnny Cash.

Do I have to go on?

I'm sorry that Shuffle Function plays such a limited selection of music that matters, at least in your world. For the rest of the universe, it suits us just fine.

And, if you don't want to give money, that's fine. There are hundreds of people who have before and will again because of the dynamic and diverse programming that KMSU supports. And that's what it's all about.

Now, don't you have a John Tesh concert to go to?