Wednesday, February 04, 2009

LIFE IS SHORT AND IT'S FILLED WITH STUFF: LUX INTERIOR R.I.P.



Terrible news for music geeks: Lux Interior is dead.

The Cramps frontman died from a pre-existing heart condition in Glendale, California on Wednesday.

Shelley and I were fortunate enough to see The Cramps play in the Main Room at First Avenue, and they were everything we ever hoped they would be: Creepy and kookie, mysterious and spooky. Lux owned the stage and sweated like crazy. I should know, because some of that sweat dripped in my mouth. Yeesh.

But The Cramps will always be gods, and we will always play them. Thursday we'll be spinning all kinds of Cramps records, so call or e-mail with your requests as we remember the man and celebrate the music.

Wherever the hell he is, I imagine the record collecting is stellar. So long, Lux.

Shyboy



No comments: