Saturday, March 14, 2009

SO I DIDN'T WEAR SHORTS TODAY

Hello ShuffleFunctioneers,

I was out about town today hanging up some of these,
















and some of these.

Although I did put some serious thought into digging out my shorts today, I opted out. There was still a briskness to the air, and I need to keep healthy. The Shuffle Function 24 Hour Pledge Drive A-Go-Go is less than two weeks away, and Shyboy Tim and I are gearing up for a great Spring Pledge Drive at KMSU. If you are out and about at some of your favorite local stomping grounds, and you don't see a poster for either the Pledge Drive A-Go-Go or Grind-Fu Cinema, please let me know. It is all DIY and word of mouth on our part, and we want as many people as possible to tune in during the Spring KMSU Pledge Drive. Drop us an email at shufflefunction@hotmail.com - and I will get right on it.




In case you missed it, we are planning on holding two seperate rounds of SHUFFLE FUNCTION RADIO ROULETTE during the Shuffle Function 24 Hour Pledge Drive A-Go-Go. The first will take place three hours into the marathon at 9 p.m. on Thursday March 26th. We always cross our fingers and resort to all kinds of superstitious behavior regarding this first round of Shuffle Function Radio Roulette. As many of you know, K-Tel Records can be awesome, but most of the time it is frightening which songs are plucked out by the Radio Gods to be played. If it is bad, it is really hard for Shyboy Tim and I to get that momentum back, so feel free to help out with our radio mojo. The second round of SHUFFLE FUNCTION RADIO ROULETTE takes place at noon on Friday March 27th. We haul the 400 K-Tel Records back into the studio and give it another go. This is perhaps my favorite part of the Shuffle Function Pledge Drive A-Go-Go, and I know I am not alone, so plan on joining us!!



For the night owls, we will once again be diving into the music of our favorite Corwood Representitive, Jandek. At the hour of 2 a.m. we turn off the lights in the on-air studio, and Shyboy Tim guides us through an hour of Jandek's tunes. I know his music isn't everybody's cup of tea, but there is nothing better in the middle of the night. In fact - hearing it at this time of night might be just the moment when it all clicks together and makes sense. You'll have to tune in to find out at 2 a.m. for JANDEK: THE SOUNDS OF INSOMNIA



Okay, so only about twelve sentences back I just admitted that the Shuffle Function Radio Roulette is my favorite part of the marathon - but so is the ALL VINYL MORNING SHOW from 6 to 9 a.m. on Friday March 27th. It's when we do the Richard Harris "McArthur Park" Sing-A-Long!! COME ON!!! I just love that song. As always you are invited to join us in the studio for that vocal exercise. You will have to tune in to find out exactly when we will break out the Tramp Shining Through album, but it is usually near the end of the ALL VINYL MORNING SHOW. During these hours, Tim and I dig into the Shuffle Function vinyl vaults and pull out some old favorites and new thrift store finds. After a sleepless night of pledging, vinyl records are always just what the doctor ordered.



There are more suprises in store for the Spring KMSU Pledge Drive. Stay tuned for more exciting details - and tell all your friends, neighbors, family and complete strangers about the Shuffle Function 24 Hour Pledge Drive A-Go-Go March 26th at 6 p.m. through March 27th at 6 p.m.!!

Thanks - Shelley

No comments: