Thursday, July 02, 2009

HOLY CRAP - I SOLVED THE MYSTERY



Wow. Wowsy - wow - wow - wow.




After having spent hours and hours trying to figure out just who and what this mystery record is, I have finally found the answer.



Not to say that all of my questions have been answered, because they haven't, but I now know the band name and the album name. It is now just a matter of time before I track down the rest of the information, but I may never know how this woman came across a test pressing of the album. That will probably always remain a mystery.



Tune in to Shuffle Function tomorrow morning for the answer - as I said I am trying to dig around for more answers (thank you Al Gore for the internets!!!). Sometime between 6 and 8 a.m. during the morning show we will let you in on the secret, and then I will put a post here on the blog with all of the information I've managed to accumulate.




I am still a little giddy from having solved this mystery. I keep thinking it would make a great Nancy Drew book title, "SHELLEY AND THE MYSTERY OF THE MYSTERY RECORD". I knew that eventually we would find out, as you heard tonight, it was just too good to remain unknown.
But it has taken several years and several hundred emails to do it. Thanks to everyone far and near that offered up suggestions, or played the audio clips for their friends. It is good to know you are not alone out there in the music geek world!!



So tune in tomorrow morning Shuffle Functioneers, and thanks once again for eight great years on the air. We really do mean it when we say that KMSU listeners are the best in the world, and we couldn't have done it with out you.


Shelley

No comments: