Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Random Stuff Posted with GUSTO!!!

This afternoon I find myself stoked up on coffee and having a few hours of free time, so let's get down to business and talk odd links shop.

I've mentioned the trailer for the film Dead Snow several times on the morning show, and I have even dragged friends over to my laptop to watch the following clip. It has all the makings of a brilliant film: zombies, Nazis, chain saws and snow. Roger Ebert said it is a film composed entirely of cliches, but until I see the entire film, I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt based on this amazing trailer.



Sadly this film is currently only being shown in New York, Chicago and San Francisco. Hopefully it will be released on DVD soon, or maybe The Lagoon or Uptown Theater will get their hands on it. Let's all cross our fingers.

One movie that I am quite sure will make it to Mankato is Where The Wild Things Are. I know that Tim posted the trailer for this on the blog previously, but I am going to post it again for comparison's sake. So watch it quickly and familiarize yourself with it's nuances.



I can't wait to see this movie - again based completely on the amazing trailer for the film, oh.....and Spike Jonze.....and Dave Eggers. Somebody out there in video land got the bright idea to bring another classic childhood book into the mix, the book called Everyone Poops. Even if you have never read this book, you will get a kick out of this "trailer".



A big thank you to Bill for a link to this amazing clip of one of our favorites, William Shatner. He is in his element here - performing Sarah Palin's resignation speech in his own special spoken word way on Conan O'Brien's Tonight Show. Follow this link to watch the clip in it's entirety:

http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/shatner-does-palin-072709/1139665/?

And while we are on the spoken word/beat poetry kick, let's share some Bingo Gazingo clips. Bingo is from New York and performs his songs anywhere that he might find an audience. Shyboy Tim and myself have spoken with him numerous times, and he even did a freestyle promo for us on Shuffle Function. He is a culture vulture, and my of his songs reflect that interest. Here is a clip of him performing at the WFMU Record Fair in 2006. Warning: you will have to tilt your head.



Here is another live clip of Bingo Gazingo performing at the Bowery Poetry Club. The quality isn't great, but his enthusiastic delivery needs no excuses.



Last but not least, I want to post the following promos made by the fine people behind LOST about the upcoming final season. If you are as addicted to this show as I am, then you are dying of anticipation. Did Juliet really start things from scratch with the nuclear bomb, which means that the plane crash never happened? These promos would certainly lead us to believe that -



I don't know what the final season will have in store for us. Is it going to be a Momento rip-off? Are they just teasing us with these notions? I don't think I have ever been so keyed up to watch the end of a TV series ever. If a snow globe is included, I am just going to cry.

ALL RIGHT. That's it for me. Coming up soon POP MUSIC PAJAMA PARTIES every Thursday night this August. Tune in every Thursday night at 6 p.m. to hear an entire show dedicated to some of our favorite musicians.

AUGUST 6 - our Covers Show
AUGUST 13 - Francois Hardy
AUGUST 20 - Sonic Youth
AUGUST 27 - The Kinks

Information on August's Grind-Fu Cinema coming right up too !!

Shelley

1 comment:

Jeffrey Beaumont said...

More Shatner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kestt5BI3eg