Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween Post #23



First I want to thank our Polka Til You Puke participants Ambrose and Maude for a wonderful morning of polkas and pledges. And a big thank you to all of you radio heroes who called in to support KMSU. KEEP THE PLEDGES COMING. The Fall Pledge Drive ends officially Sunday night. So call, or email your financial contributions to KMSU.



I seem to be sharing all of my childhood nightmares with you this week, which means that I need to include this video. I have spoken of this on the show, it is the video of "Nowhere Man" from The Beatles film 'Yellow Submarine'. It was not only the graphics of Nowhere Man that kind of creeped me out, but the simple idea of him.

A few years back we did a show with Daniel Johnston where we discussed all things Beatles and played Daniel's favorites. I mentioned to him my fear of this song and video, and he wisely suggested I look at it in a different way. I took that to heart, but still couldn't get over my discomfort at the idea of Nowhere Man. It wasn't until the Stereo Box Set Re-issues came out last month, and I came across the song that I finally got it.



Stay tuned for more Halloween posts and a big Week O' HAlloween next week.

Shelley

No comments: