Monday, October 19, 2009

NOW IT IS TIME TO REALLY GIVE YOU THE SHIVERS!!!

PLEASE BE SURE TO SCROLL ON DOWN THE BLOG FOR SHUFFLE FUNCTION SWAG AVAILABLE FOR THE KMSU FALL PLEDGE DRIVE. FINDERS KEEPERS 7 CDs, SHUFFLE FUNCTION ZOMBIE SURVIVAL KITS, and THE SHUFFLE FUNCTION ZOMBIE FREE MUSIC GEEK UTOPIA KIT!!! DO YOUR PART TO SUPPORT COMMUNITY FREE FORM RADIO!!!


What I have in store for you today is something that scared me to death as a kid, and still haunts my nightmares to this day. That's right, you guessed it, Bigfoot.



Right around the time Bigfoot started showing up as a do-gooder on The Six Million Dollar Man he made his TV appearance on the amazing television show 'In Search Of', hosted by Leonard Nimoy. I remember seeing this on TV right before Walt Disney's 10,000 Leagues Under The Sea. I got freaked out over Bigfoot, and my sister couldn't sleep because of sea monsters. Scared twins had to be a blast for my parents!!

The glory of you tube is that we can revisit these childhood memories. Because I watched the entire episode of In Search Of Bigfoot, offered below in three parts, I will probably have my familiar nightmare of riding in the back of a camper van up a hill. In the distance you can hear the steps of Bigfoot chasing us. He is so horribly large that every footstep lands with an earth rattling thud, and he is slowly gaining on us. I try to lock the door to the back of the camper, but I never manage to secure it, and.............well, you can see where this is going.

Enjoy one of the biggest frights of my childhood!!


In Search Of Bigfoot Part One:


In Search Of Bigfoot Part Two:


In Search Of Bigfoot Part Three:


Shelley

No comments: