Thursday, October 01, 2009

On The First Day Of October My Radio Show Host Gave To Me.........


I have so much on my plate, what with work, the radio show and now trying to find a spare six hours in my day to kill zombies on my X Box that I thought I'd challenge myself to doing just a tiny bit more for our faithful Shuffle Functioneers.

Every day in October I am going to post something Halloween related on the blog. Yep, that's right, every dog gone 31 days!! Check back daily to see if I am up to the challenge.

If you are a long time listener, then you know that this is our favorite holiday. Every day could be Halloween as far as we are concerned (well, Christmas would be nice too). We have some great Halloween related events coming up - Shuffle Function Radio Roulette on October 29th, and the last Grind-Fu Cinema of 2009 just so happens to fall on October 31st. Coincidence? I don't think so. It is pretty exciting - but if you can't wait for Halloween then maybe these blog posts will help you get your Halloween fix.

And now on with the first Halloween post for October 1st, 2009:

ONE HAUNTED HOUSE COMIG RIGHT UP!!!


And not just any old standard run of the mill same old same old haunted house - nu uh. This is Disney's Haunted Mansion, which you can make for yourself. For bonus points the Bates Motel is also available at this web site, along with half a dozen other amazing paper model kits. I don't know anything about Ray Keim, but he is a genius. Five years ago he designed and developed paper model kits for Disney that you can download for free and make for yourself. Here is a link to his site:

http://www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index301.html

There are also some great photos of completed kits for you to look at for inspiration. I stumbled across this site over a year ago and have had this project earmarked for a rainy day project ever since. If you create one of these amazing paper models please be sure to send us a photo for the blog.



Just looking at this photo makes me want to start cutting away on Norman's abode right now. CAN YOU SEE NORMAN'S MOTHER IN THE WINDOW?!! Amazing. Enjoy the link and I will be back tomorrow with more trick or treats!!

Shelley

No comments: