Thursday, October 08, 2009

WHAT?!!! A BLOG POST FOR EVERY DAY IN OCTOBER??!!!

THIS IS MY EIGHTH HALLOWEEN RELATED BLOG POST.
So far so good.




When I was growing up, trick or treating was always serious business for my sisters and I. As youngsters we were given orange plastic pumpkin heads to fill up with candy goodness. As we got older that turned into pillow cases, which could hold about eight times more treats than the pumpkin heads. We essentially walked and walked the neighborhood until the pillow case was full. Then we would go home and stuff our faces and see how each of us made out. It's funny to think about it now, but in my old West Mankato neighborhood I can still remember which houses gave out full sized candy bars, and which ones gave out pencils or later on toothbrushes. Yes, I was one of those kids that trick or treated into Jr. High School, until the homeowners started asking my friends and I how old we were. I just loved Halloween, and a brisk night when spooks and monsters literally walked the streets.

Below are several clips of Halloween safety Educational films. I share these for your safety kids!! They are from 1977, the year that punk rock began to flourish in New York City.

Here is part 1:



And here is part 2:



Enjoy trick or treater fanatics!!

Shelley

No comments: