Saturday, December 05, 2009

SEEING IS BELIEVING........... I GUESS

On Friday morning right before the end of the show Tobey Maguire came up in conversation. I don't remember why that was, but I was convinced that he was in the film 'Sin City'. Shyboy Tim begged to differ - he thought it was the guy who played Pretty Boy in 'Fight Club". At that point the whistle blew and we were off to the IMDB races. I was sure that I was right - the picture in my head said that Tobey Maguire played the wierdo in Sin City that Mickey O'Rourke fed to a dog. I remember it because I don't really care for anything he's done, but I thought his creepy acting was spot on.

On Monday morning's show I wrote the following on the bottom of our log notes: "Why should I listen to you (Shyboy Tim), you're always right". The name of my biography! It was Elijiah "The Hobbit" Wood who played Kevin in "Sin City', not Tobey "Spider" Maguire. Ughhh!



In fact I just came across the following quote from Maguire on the New York Magazine web site from this week:

"I've been mistaken for so many different actors, it's just wild. I've gotten Jake Gyllenhaal a few times like, 'Loved you in Brokeback Mountain.' I've had that. I can't remember all of them, but Wes Bentley, tons of times, and Elijah Wood. When people ask me for my autograph and say, 'Oh, you were so great in such and such,' which I wasn't in, then I usually just sign the other actor's name and say, 'Thank you very much.'"



So I was wrong. If I'd have been right Shyboy Tim would have had to say that "Snow is his BFF". That might have been even more painfull to witness than my comedy of errors, so maybe it is for the best.

And Now For Something Completely Different................
I stumbled across this guy looking for Halloween related items on my blog a day posts in October. I have been waiting for Christmas to post these, and well here we go folks. Eilert Pilarm will always have a soft spot in my heart for his "Felling The Elvis" way, but this fella "E" is an up and comer!

Here he is singing Silver Bells:


and here is the classic Blue Christmas:


and here is "E" with a duet partner struggling with the difficult and wordy lyrics of Jingle Bells:


have a great weekend folks,

Shelley

No comments: