Monday, April 26, 2010

NOW I'M DEPRESSED



I am a creature of habit, and every Thursday morning before we taped our Thursday night Shuffle Function Shyboy Tim and I would order biscuits and gravy from The Hub. And not just any B & G folks, it was the best.

Have you ever read To Kill A Mockingbird or seen the movie? There is a scene in which the main character Scout invites a classmate to her house for lunch. This particular classmate is from the country and when they sit down at the table to eat he horrifies Scout by pouring maple syrup all over his food. Scout had never seen such a thing, and she is told by her family's housekeeper that it is just what country folk do. From this I discovered I am country folk. The Hub embraced my syrup loving ways and gave me a heaping dose of the sweet stuff every time I ordered biscuits and gravy. In fact I didn't even have to ask for it, they just knew.

This morning word quickly swept through Campus that The Hub had closed their doors for good. I couldn't believe it so I ran over to see for myself. The result of my mad dash is pictured above. I'm not sure what happened, or why this decision was made, I only know that I will miss my weekly dose of B & G. It is rare to find a place that remembers your name, let alone what you want to order, and that kind of service will be sorely missed too.

The Hub always helped us out at the station when we asked. They were an early underwriter for our morning show, and they always helped out with a matching grant and coffee for team sister during the Shuffle Function 24 Hour Pledge Drive A-Go-Go. Dennis and Lisa were a part of our extended Shuffle Function Family, and I thank them for all their help over the years.

You will be missed!!

Shelley

No comments: