Sunday, April 18, 2010

RECORD STORE DAY: THE AFTERMATH!


I hope everybody out there had a great Record Store Day! Shelley and I were at the gate waiting patiently with several music geeks for Tune Town to open up. Let me tell you, it's a good feeling to be in a stampede of vinyl junkies entering a record store, and the junkies were out in full force that day.


Shelley and I both had pretty good hauls, and we'll be spinning them on Monday morning during the show. I haven't broken the shrink wrap on mine yet, so that'll add to my experience. But we're gonna have all kinds of Record Store Day finds to unleash.


I also picked up a DVD for a documentary called I Need That Record, that talks about the struggles of independent record stores, as well as how messed up record labels are. Very interesting music geek stuff, especially for those of us that worship the record store experience.
See you on Monday!
Shyboy

No comments: