SEE THESE COOL CATS ABOVE?
SHUFFLEFUNCTIONEERS, THEY ARE THE FLESHTONES..............
AND THEY ARE GOING TO BE WANDERING THE STREETS OF MANKATO THIS FRIDAY.
NO - NOT THAT BLUE WHALE!!!!!
THIS BLUE WHALE!!!!!
The Fleshtones have a "house drink" that they have been drinking since they began in the mid 70's, and it is The Blue Whale. In Joe Bonomo's book 'Sweat The Story of The Fleshtones, America's Garage Band', he shares with us the recipe for The Blue Whale (keep in mind, this recipe was meant to feed a house full of party people ).
HOW TO MAKE A BLUE WHALE:
1) Pour one can of frozen lemonade into a pitcher.
2) Add one full can of Blue Caracao.
3) Add two cans of vodka.
4) Multiply above ingredients by 100.
5) Pour into garbage cans.
6) Invite lots of friends.
The resulting drink is a beautiful blue concoction reminiscent of turquoise still Mediterranean ocean vistas, and is very, very "drinkable", as I would say. I share this information with you because the kind folks at the Red Sky Lounge have agreed to a offer a Blue Whale Drink Special the night of the KMSU Listener Appreciation Show Friday May 21st.
All of the proceeds from the Blue Whale Drink Special will go to KMSU.
So to sum up, you ShuffleFunctioneer will get a chance to:
1) Support KMSU financially while watching The Legendary Stardust Cowboy and The Fleshtones tear up this town.
2) Enjoy a legend of a drink, The Blue Whale.
3) Look super swanky holding a a beautiful blue drink the color of the bluest sea (or Windex as Shyboy Tim described it - tasty Windex!!).
ENJOY THE COMARADERIE OF FELLOW KMSU LISTENERS, ENJOY SOME BLUE WHALES, AND DANCE YOURSELF SILLY THIS FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE KMSU LISTENER APPRECIATION SHOW AT THE RED SKY LOUNGE. SEE YOU THERE!!!