Monday, September 27, 2010

Songs to Put Nessie In The Mood


This morning I came across an article about Kevin Carylon, the high priest of UK White Witches, forays into the world of pirate radio. He bought a bunch of radio equipment on eBay and now intends to take over the radio waves on the shores of Loch Ness. Carylon plans on playing ten songs that will entice the Loch Ness Monster to show itself. Because he will be illegally broadcasting at 106.8 fm, he has withheld a date for the Nessie rock show, but he has stated he hopes to complete the task before October.

There is so much to love about this story that I don't know where to begin!

The first issue he has dealt with is a logistical one. How can he be sure that the Loch Ness Monster will hear the radio broadcast? I was part of the Mankato Manta Swim Team growing up, and occasionally we'd have our practices in the big pool at MSU. They had a system that allowed music to be played under the water - some kind of stereo gizmo something or other - and it was awesome. Does Carylon have a crack team of stereo scientists working out a similar system for the murky depths of Loch Ness? No. He does not. He has bought half a dozen radios that he plans to place along the shoreline on the day of the historic broadcast.

I hope they are Radio Raheem sized boom boxes, or it might be tough to hear - OH WAIT!!! Maybe that is his intention all along!!! Nessie will hear a few faint chords, become curious, and have no choice but to surface and swim to shore to see who is singing that song!!! BRILLIANT!!!

He has not yet decided on a playlist, stating "I don't know which ten I am going to pick yet, but I have plenty of options. I will probably pick a mixture of monster and witchy related songs." And so, LET ME BE THE FIRST TO OPEN UP THE "PICK THE SONGS TO PLAY FOR THE LOCH NESS MONSTER" OFFICE POOL. Of course, there is no money involved with this, only street cred - the kind of self esteem that will flow like the flooded Minnesota River. You will strut down the street and folks will step aside and whisper to one another "He (or she) was able to correctly guess all ten songs that the witch played for Nessie!" That sounds like fun, doesn't it? If you want to have a go at guessing, make a list in the comment section or email us at shufflefunction@hotmail.com


I haven't sat down with a pen and paper yet to compile my list of ten possible songs, but I hope he will include this little ditty........................



I will keep my eye on this and let you know what happens. Good Luck to Nessie Pirate Radio!

Shelley

2 comments:

Kevin Carlyon said...

Dig the Loch Ness Monster Song. Nessie FM will be a hit as I'm running it!

SHUFFLE FUNCTION said...

COOL! Good luck with the project, Kevin!