Monday, October 04, 2010

COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN - DAY NUMBER FOUR

There are a number of bloggers out there dedicating their October posts to all things creepy and yesterday I came across a dozy. The blog 31 Ghost Stories is posting frightening tales based on real events. That's right kids - EVERYTHING YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS TRUE. I shouldn't have to tell you Shuffle Functioneers that those are some of the scariest words you can ever come across. The ghost story I want to bring to your attention concerns the Daytlov Pass Incident, which occurred in the Ural Mountains of Russia in 1959. Nine hikers went off into the mountains for a hike, and none of them ever returned.


Why this event has not been made into a movie I can't explain. I don't want to give anything away - I want you to feel the same horror that I did as the story unfolds, but this could easily be made into one of the scariest films ever to grace the big screen. PLEASE follow the link below and read it for yourselves - but I encourage you to do it while the safety of daylight is abundant. If you must read it at night be sure all the lights are on. Seriously. It is a really frightening and true story.

FOLLOW THIS LINK BUT PREPARE TO BE HORRIFIED - I HAD A NIGHTMARE ABOUT IT AFTER READING IT!

This isn't necessarily Halloween related but if you tuned into the show this morning you overheard a heated "discussion" between Shyboy Tim and myself about the storyline of A Very Brady Christmas. What he told me seemed too crazy to believe, but he is right (as usual). The Brady family DID get called away from a Christmas dinner to the scene of a building that had collapsed on top of Daddy Brady. Florence Henderson DOES sing "O Come All Ye Faithful" to the crowd gathered to witness the calamity, and Mike Brady DOES come crawling out of the rubble. Seeing is believing, so have a look for yourself.




More horror coming your way - and don't forget that the KMSU Fall Pledge Drive begans on Wednesday. We will have a sneak peek of the swag for you coming right up! Check back for that!

Shelley

No comments: