Monday, October 18, 2010

HALLOWEEN BLOG POST # 18- THE ZOMBIE EDITION

I am always on the lookout for new zombie book to dive into, and the second I read about the graphic novel The Walking Dead I knew I had to track it down. I bought the gigantic Compendium One version which I'd guess weighs in somewhere around 1,000 pages - and read it in two days. Written by Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead is just one of those books that is hard to put down - even if it weighs five pounds!

The art work is spectacular, and as gory as you'd expect a zombie related story to be. I read it so quickly because it is a great piece of storytelling, but I also wanted to be prepared for it's TV debut coming up Halloween night on AMC. The first episode is directed by the folks who were responsible for Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. I enjoyed both of these films and each movie was based on a story by Stephen King. Because they did right by his storytelling, I have a lot of hope for their interpretation of The Walking Dead. I know that trailers can be deceptive, but this one looks to be just right.

Here is the trailer from AMC for the first episode:



I know how I will be spending my Halloween this year, that is all I have to say! For all the folks who are preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse, this is a mandatory view and read. Be sure to take notes; I know for a fact that you will learn some important survival tips.

No comments: