Monday, October 25, 2010

HALLOWEEN COUNTDON POST #25 - It's Max Brooks Time!!

Last week Tim and I had an opportunity to speak with Max Brooks, author of our favorite zombie related book World War Z. As a self proclaimed zombie geek, I had a ton of questions to ask him about his books, influences, and the zombie genre. George Romero will always be the king of all things zombie, but if you ask me for my two cents worth, Max Brooks is the heir apparent.

You can hear our interview with him this Thursday on the Shuffle Function morning show. Mr. Brooks was a blast to talk with, and I can't wait for you to hear it. We have been playing Halloween music since October 1st, but I think it is pretty safe to say you will hear a bunch of zombie tunes Thursday morning as well!

Shyboy Tim and Shelley interview Max Brooks

author of World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide

Thursday October 28th on the Shuffle Function morning show between 6 - 8 a.m.
Last fall we offered a Shuffle Function exclusive for listeners during the Fall KMSU Pledge Drive, The Shuffle Function Zombie Survival Kit. It was a proud moment for Shyboy Tim and I, knowing that we were ensuring the safety and survival of our listening audience even after the zombie apocalypse!

We mailed out a lot of these, but I know for a fact that not everyone opened theirs - the label does instruct us to open the seal only in the event of a zombie outbreak! I assembled them, but if you woul like a sneak peek at some of the goodies inside - then have a look.

fire starter

germ killer

zombie odor neutralizer

lunch

When the sh%t hits the fan, it's Iowa!

Shelley - oh we told Mr. Brooks that Mankato would be a safe haven for him in the case of a zombie apocalypse, so these will come in handy!!

No comments: