Saturday, February 19, 2011

SHUFFLE FUNCTION PLAYLIST FOR FEBRUARY 14 - 18, 2011

FEBRUARY 14, 2011 (1699)
1. Frank Zappa - my guitar wants to kill your mamma
2. Yuck - holing out
3. Rush - spirit of the radio
4. Faux Jean - G a go-go
5. Ray Charles - mess around
at this point in the playlist, Shyboy Tim had to scoot off to work and I decided to mark Valentine's Day by playing Tom Wait's music. So it is all Tom Waits from here on out -
6. old shoes (and picture postcards)
7. hold on
8. bad liver and a broken heart
9. time
10. first kiss
11. please call me, baby
12. Coney Island baby
13. warm beer, cold women
14. circus
15. house where nobody lives
16. never let go
17. blind love
18. picture in a frame
19. train song
20. Johannasburg, Illinois
21. I hope that I don't fall in love with you

FEBRUARY 15, 2011 (1700)
1. Roger and The Gypsies - pass the hatchet
2. Go! Team - ready to go steady
3. James Chance - contort yourself
4. The Beakers - red towel
5. Electric Prunes - I had too much to dream last night
6. Be Your Own Pet - the Kelly Affair
7. Bunky - funny like the moon
8. Belle and Sebastian - the blues are still blue
9. The Faces - debris
10. Twilight Singers - last night in town
11. Atmosphere - yesterday
12. Public Enemy - louder than a bomb
13. Charles Mingus - a coloquial dream (scenes in the city)
14. Camera Obscura - if looks could kill
15. Rolling Stones - jigsaw puzzle
16. Gram Parsons - streets of Baltimore
17. Velvet Underground - cool it down
18. The Fleshtones - jet set Fleshtones

FEBRUARY 16, 2011 (1701)
1. Nick Drake - way to blue
2. Telekenisis - I cannot love you
3. Ages and Ages - no nostalgia
4. The Band - slippin' and a slidin'
5. Red Shadow Rock N Roll Economic Band - understanding Marx
6. Larry and The Blue Notes - in and out
7. The Spectors - rhubarb Ruby
8. LCD Soundsystem - I never as tired as when I'm waking up
9. Big Star - watch the sunrise
10. The Heavy - that kind of man
11. The Legendary Stardust Cowboy - radar
12. Blood Feast OST - official warning/tragic kettle drums/eye gouged out/legs cut off
13. The Rumble Strips - alarm clock
14. Is/Is - eating hour glasses
15. The Undertones - teenage kicks
16. Guided By Voices - gold star for robot boys

(I am pretty sure I can see the top of my head in this video. This was my first exposure to Guided By Voices, and they had me at the first rock kick.)
17. Cloud Nothings - understand at all
18. Sonic Youth - teenage riot
19. Gordon Gano and The Ryans - man in the sand
20. Bingo Gazingo - $5 on the table

FEBRUARY 17, 2011 (1702)

1. Dukes of Stratosphere - little lighthouse
2. Calvin Johnson - your eyes
3. Yo La Tengo - moby octopad
4. Damien Jurado - Denton, Tx.
5. Neil Young - peaceful valley boulevard
6. Jeffrey and Jack Lewis - posters
7. Fiery Furnaces - single again
8. The Fleshtones - love yourself
9. The Velvet Underground - foggy notion
10. LCD Soundsystem - no love lost
11. LeTigre - tell you now
12. Arcade Fire - suburbs
13. The Meters - chug chug chug a lug (push and shove) pt. 2
14. Haze - waiting for the momnt
15. They Might Be Giants - speed and velocity
16. John Lennon - mind games

FEBRUARY 18, 2011 (1703) Yoko Ono's birthday

1. Yoko Ono w/Polyphonic Spree - you and I
2. Deerhoof - hey I can
3. Orange Juice - blue boy
4. April March - chick habit
5. Yoko Ono - death of Samantha
6. The Mighty Lemondrops - my biggest thrill
7. Yoko Ono - kite song
8. Telekenisis - palm of your hand
9. The Kinks - till the end of the day
10. The Stills - love and death
11. Plastic Ono Band - why
We got a digital download of the new Fleshtones album, Brooklyn Sound Solution, and we just had to play the whole thing for you!!



12. comin' home baby
13. I wish you would
14. daytripper
15. bite of my soul
16. you give me nothing to go on (instro)
17. I can't hide
18. soulution 1
19. rats in my kitchen
20. back beat 1
21. you give me nothing to go on
22. solution 2
23. lost on xanadu



24. Beatfarmers - 20th century man
25. Yoko Ono - walking on thin ice
26. Plastic Ono Band - between my head and the sky

No comments: