Monday, October 03, 2011

CANDLE HAULS - HALLOWEEN BLOG POST #3


Good morning folks!

I spent my Sunday afternoon watching football and nosing around the world wide web for spooky subjects to profile over the month to come and boy oh boy I happened along a dozy of an idea. There are a number of bloggers out there participating in the countdown to Halloween and I saw one that highlighted the new fall selections of candles available at Yankee Candle. I have never been in one of these stores - for all I know there is one at the mall here in town - but there are those out there who must practically camp out at the Yankee Candle store. I will show you what I mean in just a minute, but first let's have a look at the "Boney Bunch" candle series for Halloween 2011.


I think my favorite one is this chainsaw holding fellow pictured below, but then I am a little partial to chainsaw wielding spooks.


I'm not going to lie to you, I am not a knick knack fan. You will never see one of these candles residing on my book shelves. But there are folks out there who do like candles. I mean really, really, really like candles. And they are not shy when it comes to sharing their feelings either. There is an entire underground society of candle shoppers out and about and I am about to open the door to their world for you. If it weren't for Mr. Specific I would continue to lead my life without knowing of this unique candle haul phenomenon, but fortunately for you I can share the YANKEE CANDLE HAUL wealth!!

Here is one of my favorite regular contributers - if you fall in love with his scents you have to find his you tube page. He has been doing this for years!

This is a worldwide love affair with Yankee Candle by the way. I have no idea what this excited guy is saying - I just know that it takes him 16 minutes to open up his Halloween candle haul and share it with us. Oh - and he is what we in the morning radio show would call "wacky".



and there is more folks!! seriously you have no idea how many people are willing to share their candle shopping tendencies!!



I am going to stop here. Continue on at your own peril. Maybe we should all start making videos of our own "RECORD STORE HAULS" or "BOOK STORE HAULS". Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if those already exist. I am going to go have a look for myself.

Shelley

No comments: