Tuesday, October 04, 2011

HALLOWEEN BLOG POST #4 - CREEPY HOUSES


This will be a love letter of sorts to one of my favorite blogs, SCOUTING NY. The gentleman behind it is a location scout in New York City, and has been sharing his photographs of the citie's treasures and hidden gems. Everytime I look at this blog I am struck by an image or a building, and I am really happy to have a chance to clue you into this blog. Recently there was a post on A VERY CREEPY HOUSE IN BROOKLYN. This home resembles every iconic idea of what a haunted house looks like, and I love it!!

There are a lot of details that just scream "HAUNTED HOUSE", and I encourage you to follow the link above to see all of the photos. I am going to share a few of the details that make me catch my breath.


This looks like the Haunted Mansion at Disney World!


You will not believe the craftsmanship that goes into the windows on this house.


All that is missing is a shadowy image of a person standing in the window!


Evil eyes!


And every haunted house must have an element of Amytville Horror to it! In the comments section of this blog post a follower shared an aerial bird's eye photographic image from 1907 of this neighborhood. Apparently this isn't the only big house on the block!


There are many more photos for you to look at on the original post, please follow the link above to see more. If you have some time to kill, I suggest you check out his posts on New York movie locations then and now. He highlights Taxi Driver, Ghostbusters and Rosemary's Baby. He also has a contest for Halloween where you can share you photos of haunted looking homes. I know the prize would involve a taking a trip to New York, but still. You can find out all of the details here.

1 comment:

Haunted House said...

Scary House
http://bestforhalloween.com
Horror and Halloween Link Directory. Add your site for free. Horror authors, Halloween props, Halloween sound, Halloween costumes, Haunted houses, all horror related sites are welcome to join.Scary House