Sunday, October 09, 2011

Number 9 Number 9 Number 9 Number Number 9


I am borrowing the phrase that is repeated over and over during the Beatles tune 'Revolution 9' from the White album for today's Countdown To Halloween blog post. So many conspiracy theories and backward message rumours to this song - see for yourself below.




Today is John Lennon's birthday and we will celebrate it on tomorrow mornings Shuffle Function show. So here's the dealio folks - on Mondays Tim has to leave early to go to work, leaving me to run the show for an hour and twenty minutes. A few years back when we celebrated Lennon's birthday the exact same situation occurred and I made a right mess of it. I played a Beatles song sung by George and said it was John. This horrible moment in Shuffle Function history has come to be known as my having "Old Brown Shoeing" it, and it prompted Shyboy Tim to build a massive file older of Songs Sung by John Lennon.

He believes the folder system is foolproof, and I believe tomorrow morning is the perfect opportunity to test that assumption. Give us a call with your requests during the show at 389 - 5678 or email us your requests at shufflefunction@hotmail.com . I will utilize the John File Folder to ensure that everything you hear on the show is a "John" song and not a Paul, George or Ringo tune. You may scoff at this and think that is an easy task - but I assure you that it is far from it.

And now onto the Halloween!! I want to share with you a link to one of my favorite blogs this time of year, Cinema Suicide. They too are participating in the Countdown to Halloween and he is blogging about the true stories that have inspired horror films throughout the years. I am a true believer that tagging on the "Based On  A True Story" moniker to a film raises the scary bar ten fold for me. So far Cinema Suicide has looked at the events surrounding the films Jaws, Cannibal, The Haunting In Connecticut, The Hills Have Eyes, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Dracula, Amytville Horror, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Some of these are truly disturbing and I look forward to reading more from him.


I have a suggested blog post for him to follow up on, The Keddie Murders of Cabin 28. I have seen several suggestions that this was the basis for the film above The Strangers. I hadnever heard of it before, but it involves the as yet unsolved grisly murders of four people in remote Keddie, California. The crime scene was discovered by the daughter and sister of two of the slain individuals as she returned from sleeping over at a friend's house. In a bedroom next door to the horrific crime three young toddlers were found sleeping, unaware of what had happened during the night. There are a number of twists and turns to this tragedy, and you can read more about it at this website. This is not for the weak of heart however.


Well, I have to get back to the Viking game - it is the second half and they need all the positive energy they can get! I look forward to your John Lennon requests tomorrow morning - I will talk to you then.

Shelley

No comments: