Monday, February 13, 2012

WHY I LOVE SCOTT WILSON

If you have been watching The Walking Dead this season, then this guy is a familiar face.



I have posted about Scott Wilson in the past so I won't get too gushy over him again. But I want to share with you the reason why he means the world to me - his portrayl of Captain Billy Cutshaw in The Ninth Configuration. This is written and directed by William Peter Blatty, of Exorcist fame (he even pops up in the film as Fromme).


 I admit there are some scenes that have not aged well (the biker gang), but the fears of Cutshaw and his struggles with loneliness and faith hit me like a ton of bricks when I saw this some twenty years or so ago. It still does. So when I hear Herschell raise his voice at Rick in The Walking Dead, I also hear Cutshaw railing against Killer Caine about the "goodness" of man.

 

Enjoy - this movie isn't for everyone but it is near and dear to my heart. Let me know what you think,

Shelley

No comments: