Saturday, March 24, 2012

THE FACES TO REUNITE!


The Faces will play together for the first time in 19 years at the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony this April!  I can't get enough of The Faces lately.  They were a group I had always heard of when I was a kid, but didn't really dig into until the last ten years or so.  If you like The Stones, then it is an easy transition.  They're kind of like the little brothers of The Stones, I guess, and it doesn't hurt that Ron Wood was in the group.

Another thing to note about The Faces, if you are new to them, is the vocal amazingness of Rod Stewart.  It's easy to dismiss him as a purveyor of oldies albums and Do Ya Think I'm Sexy-type songs, but the dude can wail.  Like, REALLY WAIL.  If you've been dismissing Rod for years, give The Faces a listen.  He's rocking some serious pipes.

Here's some favorites from The Faces, as well as a 40+ minutes performance.  Get ready to become a fan.

Shyboy


No comments: