Monday, March 26, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUFUS THOMAS

I went on a Rufus Thomas bender this morning to mark his birthday, and once again I implored you to watch Wattstax. He steals the show - as does so many of the performers in the show - but you can see some of it for yourself! Here is Rufus Thomas performing live at Wattstax "Breakdown" and "The Funky Chicken".

WARNING: CLEAR OUT THE FURNITURE AND SURROUNDING OBJECTS. YOU ARE GOING TO NEED TO DANCE!!



And if that wasn't enough to wet your whistle, then how about this!! Johnnie Taylor sings "Jody's Got Your Girl And Gone".



I   KNOW,  RIGHT?!!

This isn't the full version of the song that I played on the show this morning - it is over 9 minutes long -but you can get a taste of how devastating he is!! Okay - I'll let you go and add Wattstax to your cue or order it on-line now.

No comments: