Monday, July 09, 2012

BEST SUMMER MOVIE SO FAR


There is an amazing cinema experience waiting for you at The Heights theater in Columbia Heights. It is the oldest continuously operated Show Room in Minnesota, dating back to 1926. It is a blast to see films there, and right now Wes Anderson's new movie 'Moonrise Kindom' is being screened. I can think of no better place for you to see this wonderful film - so grab some red licorice and soda pop for the road and get yourself up there a.s.a.p. people!!




While I was in that neck of the woods with my camera I hunted down a favorite dive bar I have driven by several times. I have no idea if it is open, I have never seen cars there but I have always been there during the day. I just love everything about this place - the insulation glass, the shiny front door, and of course the amazing signage. If you ever happen by this place and it is open please stop in, grab a cold one an soak up the ambiance for me!


In a perfect world this place would have an amazing juke box plugged into the corner and would be spinning actual 45 vinyl records.


Yep - that is my reflection in the door. Right after I snapped this a neighbor in the house next door yelled out their window at me to "Quit snapping the photo pictures!!" So I did.

Shelley

No comments: