Saturday, August 18, 2012

PARANORMAN IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF THE YEAR


I went to Paranorman tonight and it was honestly one of the best movies I've seen all year.  It is REALLY funny and creepy, and it has tons of heart.  The stop-motion animation is some of the best I've seen, and the 3D is fantastic.  Seriously, you'll be missing an experience if you don't see this in 3D.  The film looks wondeful.

If you are thinking of taking a younger child to it, I'd consider that there are a couple of scenes that are pretty scary.  Wizard of Oz grade scary.  But over all the film is so entertaining and fun that those moments should be pretty easy to handle.

Paranorman is SUCH a Halloween movie, so it's kind of strange that it's opening in mid-August.  I figure they don't want to compete with Frankenweenie, which is coming out October 5th.  I'm a big fan of Tim Burton's original Frankenweenie short film, so I'm dying to see how the stop-motion version compares.

Here's the original Frankenweenie film from 1984:


Shyboy

BONUS STOP-MOTION: Tim Burton's Vincent!

No comments: