Sunday, August 19, 2012

WATTSTAX TURNS 40 ON MONDAY - AND WE ARE CELEBRATING ON SHUFFLE FUNCTION

If you are even a casual listener of Shuffle Function, you know that I have a musical equivalent of a crush on Stax Records. Tomorrow marks the 40th anniversary of WattStax. This is hands down one of the most amazing concerts ever held, and the film captures all of it - even the musicians who were not there!!


I am going to mark this historic occasion on Monday's  Shuffle Function morning show by only playing music from WattStax. What does that mean for you, faithfull listener? Well, trust me on this, you are not going to mind it one bit!



I am looking forward to this. I hope you tune in and become Stax fanatics too. You will be in good company. I'll see you in the morning!

Shelley

No comments: