Friday, October 19, 2012

COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN BLOG POST # 19



Tomorrow is the 45th Anniversary of the Patterson-Gimlin film, which is probably the best piece of evidence ever collected to support the existence of Bigfoot. So I am guessing that you can probably figure out what my post will be about tomorrow. Today lets talk about vocalizations. Before leaving on my expedition earlier this month I listened to a lot of recordings of animals I would expect to hear in the woods - coyotes, owls, geese, etc. That way I wouldn't be so jumpy when I was up there. I also listened to recordings attributed to bigfoot, and some of these scared me.

Let's start with some reply howls/screams.



Compilation of whoops and howls:



Then there is the Sierra Sounds, or "Samauri Chatter" as some refer to it. This would certainly get my attention if I were to hear it in the night from m tent.



For more clips and sounds head on over to this web site that is filled with audio recordings.

And then there is this analysis of the sounds mentioned earlier in the compilation video. There is a very interesting conclusion - well worth watching the whole clip!



Everybody have a great Jandek Eve and don't forget to stay tuned to KMSU for tonight's Jandek Study Group Overnight where we share interviews with all of the musicians who will be playing with Jandek tomorrow night. It is not to be missed!

Shelley

No comments: