Thursday, February 14, 2013

boo !!!

  Today is a bonus Halloween blog post, in honor of Community's Halloween episode that airs tonight. You should definitely check it out at 7 p.m. on NBC. I thought that today I might go some places that I have been to afraid to in the past. So just a heads up, this may get dark folks.


You may have heard Shyboy Tim and I go on and on about Jim Jones in the past. We are both fascinated with this dark part of American history,  and have read the amazing book 'Raven: The Untold Story Of The Reverend Jim Jones And His People' by Tim Reiterman. I am by no means trying to glorify this horrific incident by sharing this content with you, but I cannot deny my twisted curiosity. The FBI has released the audio tapes of the last hours of The People's Temple. Jim Jones was already well down his paranoid  death trip and was determined to bring as many of his followers with him. He picked up his ever present microphone and began preaching his message of suicide, and you can hear what happened next for yourselves.



PBS also aired a great documentary called Jonestown: The Life and Death of The People's Temple. If you have lasted this long, then you can handle this. Many of the survivors talk about their experences, including Jim Jones's son who was not at the compound that fateful day.

No comments: