Sunday, February 10, 2013

COME OUT OF THE BATHROOM, MORRISSEY! WE LOVE YOU!


I wasn't a huge Smiths or Morrissey fan for most of my life.  It wasn't that I didn't like their music, but more that it always felt like there was a wallowing quality that didn't speak to me on any level.  One of my best friends in high school was a big fan, and he would often play There Is A Light That Never Goes Out during aimless drives and scream the lyrics at me, but other than that I didn't make a connection with the music until much later.

One of the big reasons I never made the connection was because of an appearance Morrissey made on the legendary MTV show IRS' The Cutting Edge.  The entire interview consisted of Morrissey locked in a bathroom with a camera and answering questions written on cards.  The pretense was that he was SO SHY that he could only do an interview under these circumstances.  To me, at that time, it just seemed self indulgent and goofy.  Now, of course, I think it makes perfect sense, but that back then...

Anyway, here's Morrissey answering questions in a bathroom.

Shyboy

No comments: