Thursday, April 11, 2013

A NATTY BEARDED MAN HAS WASHED UP ON THE SHORE OF MANKATO AND SAID "IT'S...............................WINTER STORM MICHAEL PALIN"


I have not had a chance to name a Winter Storm in a long time, so I am out of practice. But this is a very special Winter Storm to me. I know - you think I say that to all the nice storms out there, but this is for reals. Monty Python has always been my escape. When my Dad died when I was 15 I really didn't know how to handle it, but I knew I just wanted to be left alone a lot. I would sneak up to my parents bedroom every night, switch on the little red 12 inch TV and watch back to back episodes of Monty Python. As crappy as I felt it made me laugh, and laugh hard. Python was just silly, ridiculous and smart and those evenings I spent giggling to myself allowed me to escape even briefly from the sadness all around me.

As much as I adore John Cleese's silly walks and boisterous rants, Terry Jones's bare rump, Graham Chapman's ladies voice, Eric Idle's nudge nudges and Terry Gilliam's way with a sculpture, it was Michael Palin that I flipped for head over heels. He was the every man, but with just one nervous shoulder shrug or goofy look he had me rolling with laughter. Later when I started picking up books about Monty Python I learned that he was the guy in the group that everyone loved and hated due to his brilliance. He's a talented writer, world traveler, train geek and someone that would sit at the head of my table if we were playing the "Name Any 5 People You Would Have Supper With".


Trying to pick out my favorite sketches is going to basically result in a best of Monty Python.  Period. I am going to just start posting clips fast and furiously. Since Winter Storm Michael Palin has closed most of the  schools today, you have got a lot of free time on your hands now folks. Why not spend the time laughing your ass off?!!



Convert with Freecorder

Download and Convert this YouTube Video to MP3

Download with Vixy

Download YouTube

Download with Vixy.net

Download Video

Download with Vixy

Download Video
This will get you started. I know I have forgotten a bunch so, like the snowfall today, you can expect more to come!!

1 comment:

Verla said...

This is cool!