Thursday, September 05, 2013

THIS IS EVERYWHERE ELSE, SO WHY NOT HERE?


I've dedicated a good chunk of my life to The Beatles, and sometimes it feels like I've heard everything there is to hear.  I'm always pleased to find out that I'm wrong about this.  Recently a "vocals only" version of the Abbey Road Medley sufaced online.  Even though these are the vocals we've know for decades, it's something of a revelation to just hear isolated vocals.  Any time I hear the slightest nuance that's new to me I get a bit misty.  Eye tears roll down my head face.

I don't have any information about the source of this mix, but if I were to guess I'd say they were lifted from The Beatles Rockband.  There have been loads of bootleg remix collections that have come out since 2009 that are composed of elements lifted from the game.  This is one of the benefits of the necessity of having to isolate the various instruments in the original recordings for game play.  The smarty obsessives find new ways to unleash them on other devoted obsessives.

Anyway, get ready to love on this thing.  Like I said... eye tears rolling down head faces.

Shyboy

BONUS! MORE ISOLATED VOCALS!

What I really love about that Abbey Road medley are the  harmonies The Boys deliver.  They always could find some killer harmonies throughout their career.  A few of these - This Boy, in particular - really showcase their skills, but beyond that we're reminded of what great voices they had.  Honestly, how could John hate his voice so much?  I'll never understand that.

No comments: