Friday, October 11, 2013

COUNTDOWN TO HALLOWEEN blog post No.11



While nosing around this morning on-line I came across the Paul Lynde Halloween special made in the 1970's. I seem to recall that I have already posted that in years past on my October blog posts, but if I haven't it will find its way here soon. But what caught my attention was one of the vintage TV ads that they ran before the show started. The commercial mentioned a movie that I had never heard of......



THEY MADE A SEQUEL TO ROSEMARY'S BABY?!!!

 WHERE HAVE I BEEN???!!!



Now I can honestly tell you that I have never seen this before. There is not a lot of information out there about it, and what little there is is not terribly flattering. Naturally Mia Farrow and John Cassavettes are nowhere near this project, but oddly Ruth Gordon returns to play the role she won an Oscar for, Minnie Castavet. The great actor Ray Milland takes on the role of Roman Castavet, leader of the Satanic cult responsible for Satan's son walking the earth. Patty Duke replaces Mia Farrow as Rosemary, and the story picks up with her trying to raise her son Adrian to be "good" in a house filled with "evil". The film follows Adrian's upbringing, and since I don't want to spoil things for you, I will just let you know that it consists of neck breaking, demon red eyes, electrocution, black magic rituals and mimes.

Watch at your own risk, I will watch it more for curiousities sake, and to see Ruth Gordon's reprisal of Minnie Castavet. Let me know what you think. If you have never seen Rosemary's Baby, the brilliant Roman Polanski film then I suggest you watch that first. It is considered by many to be one of the top ten horror films of all time, and you will get no arguments from me!

Shelley


No comments: