Sunday, October 20, 2013

Countdown To Halloween Blog Post No.20

First of all I just now noticed that the post I did for yesterday was never published, I'd only saved it as a draft. So the Tune Town gig is a little late in the day, but it was a great night. Thanks to Carl for a fantastic night, and we will make the turntables work next time! Here is a real live clip of Shyboy Tim singing karaoke, a song requested by Carl himself, "I Am Woman".


Today is the one year anniversary of Jandek's performance in Mankato. It was an experience I won't soon forget, and I am sure that goes for a number of you out there. We sure hope you have tickets for the Halloween gig. If you still need to buy Jandek tickets, you can do so here.




This is my favorite picture of last years show. I took it a few minutes before Jandek and the assembled musicians started to rehearse together for the first time, the day of the show. You can see the nerves and excitement on Tim and Dave's faces, barely contained. I am looking forward to re-living that experience next week.



When I was a kid I knew that Halloween was right around the corner when Disney played The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Sunday after Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Halloween is coming up fast, and we have our October Grind-Fu Cinema in less than a week. I will be going on and on about that this week - and I hope you have plans on joining us Saturday night for Tucker and Dale vs. Evil and The Cabin In The Woods. And cake. Lots of cake. Gotta watch Walking Dead now!
Shelley

No comments: