Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Shuffle Function Countdown To Halloween Blog Post No.22


This morning Shyboy Tim played a John Cale album that had this message written on the record sleeve (that you can see above) "Denny Let Me Die". Just a little creepy, don't you think?


Everybody has seen the movie The Exorcist. This film was such a nationwide phenomenon that it sold out where ever it opened and folks would wait hours and blocks away from the theaters for their chance to see it. The only time something like that has happened to me was waiting in line to see the Star Wars redux films the day they came out. Have a look at some of the hype:



I was hoping to find the full movie of an exorcist film that maybe you skipped over, Exorcist III. It has a stellar cast, many who are familiar with William Peter Blatty, having worked with him in the film The Ninth Configuration. George C Scott (Dr. Strangelove), Scott Wilson (Hershel in The Walking Dead), Jason Miller (from the original Exorcist film), Brad Dourif (One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest)and Ed Flanders (St. Elsewhere). The film takes place a few years after the original picture, and also it completely ignores the Richard Burton fiasco fueled Exorcist II. And that is a good thing, trust me.


Exorcist III has one of the scariest scenes I have ever seen in a movie. The first time I saw it I jumped and screamed out loud, not sure what I'd just seen. It can be watched below, and I think that you might have the same reaction, even though you know it's coming. It just builds up slowly and happens so fast that you will also find yourself playing it a few times to see what happens.
.


I also found this clip on-line as well, a reunion of the original Exorcist cast eleven years later on Good Morning America. Max Von Sydow, Linda Blair, Jason Miller, Ellen Burstyn, and William Peter Blatty are all there!


Allright - now you should try to hunt down both The Exorcist and Exorcist III for some great Halloween mood movies!

Shelley

1 comment:

john smith said...

This article is mind blowing. When I read this article, I enjoyed.

non-fiction