Thursday, January 16, 2014

JANUARY 16th, 2014: A TOUGH DAY FOR MY CHILDHOOD


Today was a tough day for memories of after school television viewing.  Two mainstays died today.  First, Russell Johnson died at age 89.  Russell played The Professor on Gilligan's Island.  My TV DNA is partly composed of Sherwood Schwartz shows like GIlligan's Island and The Brady Bunch.  Schwartz wrote both of the theme songs!  If he did nothing else on earth he would have earned his keep with those.  That has nothing to do with Russell Johnson, I guess, other than I'd watch Gilligan and The Bradys every single day after school on Superstation WTBS.


The other TV loss was Dave Madden, who played Reuben Kincaid on the Partridge Family.  I was never as big a Partridge fan as a Bradys fan, but I always got a kick out of those moments when Danny would antagonize Reuben.

Anyway, RIP Dave and Russell.

Shyboy

P.S.:  Do you know about the other band Reuben Kincaid managed?


No comments: