Monday, February 24, 2014

HAROLD RAMIS: EGON IS GONE


Harold Ramis passed away today after battling a long illness.  He was 69.

When I was a budding comedy geek there were some movies that I'd watch over and over, and I continue to love them to this day.  Three of the biggest and most influential were Animal House, Caddyshack, and Ghostbuster.  Harold Ramis either starred or co-wrote all of them.  And Stripes.  Jeez, how could I forget Stripes?  His work in Hollywood, as well as on SCTV, continues to be an influence to this day, and it's hard to imagine what comedies would even look like had he not been around.

And let's not forget Groundhog Day.  A damn near perfect film.

Shyboy


2 comments:

Chad said...

If you are like me and can't stop reading about Ramis this evening, check out this amazing profile from 2004 from the New Yorker.

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2004/04/19/040419fa_fact3?currentPage=all

Barrie Evans said...

I just figured out what you guys are doing--very nice Harold Ramis tribute.

You guys are willing to go to lengths. I like that. Should I request Blondie's "Dreaming" again?