Thursday, July 31, 2014

GILMORE GIRLS: WATCH THEM AGAIN FOR THE TENTH TIME



Gilmore Girls.  Easily a top five show of mine.  Probably top three, on a good day.  It's smart, funny, well written, and all around amazing.  Lauren Graham is one of The Many Loves of Shyboy Tim, too, so there's that.  When the show premiered I watched it on the recommendation of a movie geek website that I trust, and from episode one I was hooked.  I loved the show so much that I once told Shelley she had to leave because she was making fun of it when we were watching it.

Don't mess with my Gilmore Girls.

I've been feeling like I'm on the verge of a total series rewatch lately, so the timing was perfect for a recent post I saw on BadAssDigest, my new favorite movie site.  Frequent BAD contributor Meredith Borders just completed a  revisit of Gilmore Girls that she called The Gilmore Girls Rewatch Project.  It's over at at a cool website called Forever Young Adult ("For YA readers who are a little less Y and a bit more A").  Every Wednesday for 64 weeks she would rewatch three episode of Gilmore Girls, and work her way through from start to finish, and then she would write about her thoughts and impressions.  It's perfect reading for a Gilmore Girls Geek like myself.

From the first notes of The La's There She Goes to that final coffee at Luke's Diner, Meredith covers it all, PLUS she invented a drinking game for the show, if you're so inclined.  The coolest thing, though, is that it gives an excuse to rewatch GG, and it does it at a pace that's perfectly manageable for folks that can't find enough time in the day to binge watch hour long episodes.  Plus, the recaps are funny and insightful, which doesn't hurt.

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE COMPLETE REWATCH PROJECT!  Start watching it now, and you can bore your non Gilmore loving friends and family with your rhapsodic overtures about the show JUST LIKE I DID!

Shyboy

No comments: