Monday, August 11, 2014

R.I.P Robin Williams


The news world is buzzing with word of Robin William's passing. It certainly comes as a shock to us all. I grew up adoring his work in Mork and Mindy, in fact I owned a pair of rainbow suspenders that I actually wore out in public on occasion. When his HBO special came out in the early 80's I would watch it over and over and over again. My sisters and I would laugh and laugh, and say in unison the lines that we'd come to memorize with all of our repeat views. Over the years I admit to losing interest in his stand up, but I will never forget the countless laughs he gave me back then.

  

I will always love Robin William's portrayal of Garp in the film based on John Irving's book The World According To Garp. I have read that book maybe five times in my life and I will always associate him with that character. In fact this movie also features one of the few times that I loved John Lithgow in a film!



It's definitely a sad day.

Shelley


No comments: