Tuesday, September 30, 2014

NEW PAUL THOMAS ANDERSON TRAILER!


Alright Hollywood - you had Tim and I with just the words 'Paul Thomas Anderson'. After hearing that a new film was in the works by Anderson based on Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice I went right out and read it. It is a funny hard boiled hippy-dippy mystery filled with more oddball characters than you can shake a stick at. Few directors could take on a story like this, but I have total faith in Paul Thomas Anderson attention to details. I will admit an initial dislike of his choice of Joaquin Phoenix in the lead role. He was fresh from his stint in The Master and I just couldn't see him pulling off this role. But now that I have watched the trailer I've changed my mind. He is perfect as Doc. So here you go, the trailer from the man who brought you Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood, Magnolia and more!



This film doesn't come out until December, so I suggest you pick up a copy of Inherent Vice and enjoy the hell out of yourself! Look under the P's in the fiction department of your favorite local book store - it's the book with neon, sunsets and surf boards on it.

Shelley

No comments: