Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Countdown To Halloween Blog Post #7 Cha Cha Cha.......


There are some things that manage to make you feel old like no others. For example, running into a grown up woman that you'd babysat when she was running around in diapers, or having Shyboy Tim tell you U2's Unforgettable Fire album just turned 25 years old. What I am about to show you didn't necessarily hit me a like a ton of old bricks like those, but it sure made me think that we have come a long ways as a culture.


Back in my day, this is what a Chia Pet looked like. No frills, simple simple. In fact, I don't think they even has a blackened head when I was a kid, I think the entire piece was terracotta. But don't quote me on that. I could easily be confusing this with my Pet Rocks. These days things have changed - get a load of these!




If I'd seen these at the store when I was growing up, I am sure I would have whined and whined until it was in the cart. Since my Mother rarely ever gave in to things like this with us, the whining would have been unbearable.


Shelley

No comments: