Friday, October 03, 2014

Countdown To Halloween Post #3 - NOSFERATU


When I think of iconic horror film images, one of the first to come to mind is the vampire from Nosferatu. I first encountered this film, and many of the other Hollywood Classic Monsters on afternoon TV at the age of five or six. Seeing the pasty white blood-sucker and his spooky pointed fingers that appeared to be as long as my tiny arms at the age left a mark on me. And I am so glad it did. I will forever get the goosebumps at the sight of Nosferatu, or the Phantom Of The Opera, or Frankenstein, and I wouldn't have it any other way!


Shyboy Tim discovered a link to Nosferatu that features a brand new score by a German band called Shed, and it is a fantastic excuse to re-watch this classic horror. Maybe this will be the first time you ever see it?! Boy I hope that is the case with someone out there - if it is, please leave a comment below and let us know what you think of it. Were you able to sleep with the lights off?



If that viewing just left you wanting more - then boy howdy it is your lucky day! Guess what is available on You Tube to watch - WERNER HERZOG'S PHANTOM DER NACHT STARRING KLAUS KINSKI !
It is not possible to embed it on the blog, but follow this link and you will be shivering at Kinski's performance in no time! It is in German, but if you hit the CC (closed caption) button on the bottom of the screen you will get the English subtitles.





With the wind whipping around out there and fall colored leaves littering the yard, I suggest you stay in tonight with a big blanket, a bowl of popcorn, a garlic necklace, and Nosferatu. And remember, there is no shame in sleeping with your bedroom lights on!

Shelley

No comments: