Wednesday, October 08, 2014

EIGHT DAYS A BLOG POST - HALLOWEEN IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!


Every October I end up spending a morning looking through pictures and web sites of Aurora Monster Model Kits and telling Shyboy Tim, "I wish I were rich". I believe I have posted something on this topic every year of my Countdown To Halloween, but I just came across this fantastic video featuring Elvira. You might want to watch this video with a pen and paper to jot down all the model kits you'll want to buy on
E bay.



If I could use a time machine, it would involve a trip to the Grassy Knoll and a visit to the local Hobby Shop where I would spend every last penny I had on Aurora Model Kits. I would try to get two boxes of each - one to build and another to keep unopened. I think this blog post has evolved into a list of unobtainable goals, but fortunately we have the internet to surf and drool over model kits of the past.



If you have some of these lying around on your book shelves feel free to snap a photo and email it to us at shufflefunction@hotmail.com .


On an unrelated note - tomorrow is John Lennon's birthday and we will be playing all John Lennon solo tunes and John Lennon lead Beatles. There are a few rules of the road that I would like to remind you of:

#1.  WE WILL NOT PLAY ANY VERSION OF WORKING CLASS HERO.
#2.  Any Beatles request must be a song that John primarily fronted.
#3.  No covers.
#4.  Stereo or Mono - it's up to you!!

Call or text us with your requests at 389 - 5678. If you are out and about, you can reach us at 1-800-456-7810. As always, you can email us at shufflefunction@hotmail.com . I run the boards tomorrow, so wish me luck! Don't Old Brown Shoe It!!

Shelley

No comments: